The security of our customers is a priority at Pennichuck. This is an area which we have prioritized in our processes, and we will continue to monitor and update over time. As a result of this, we are implementing new ways, and enforcing already existing ways, that our customers can identify and verify our employees, and any means of communication we may send out to you.
Employees of Pennichuck occasionally need to gain access to your home. The following are ways that you will be able to verify that the person at your door is a Pennichuck employee, as our plan to help you ensure you and your family’s safety, should we need to gain access to your home:
- All Pennichuck employees:
- Will be driving a company vehicle with the Pennichuck Water logo on it. If this employee is asking to gain access to your home, they will be parked at the front of the property to ensure you are able to see the vehicle.
- Will be wearing clothing with the Pennichuck Water logo on it.
- Will have a badge that confirms who they are, including their picture, badge number, and the Company’s “800” number. If you would like to call us on our Company “800” number and confirm their identity, the employee will give you a business card with their Badge ID number, Company “800” number, and a Pennichuck Water logo on it. Please feel free to call our customer service department to confirm the identity of the employee.
- Some employees will need to gain access to the outside of your property, but never need to gain access to the inside of your home. These employees will be carrying a badge ID and will be wearing Pennichuck Water clothing. Please note: These employees may NOT have a vehicle right outside of the home. As they may be doing work at multiple locations or residences along an entire road, they would not have to drive to individual properties to complete their work.
- Pennichuck may also need to contact you via written communication (i.e. letters, emails, etc.). There are a few ways you can identify if this communication is truly from Pennichuck.
All forms of written communication will have:
- The Pennichuck logo on it.
- The Company “800” number on it. You will be able to confirm any means of communication through this line. No direct lines will be included in these communications to ensure that every customer confirmation call goes through the front desk or main phone line. This is intended to protect you from any false phone calls attempting to get confidential information from you.
- Any phone calls initiated by Pennichuck Employees also contain various ways that will enable you to confirm who we are:
- Employees will never ask for your bank account information if we initiated the phone call. Employees will never ask for your social security number.
- Employees will always identify who they are by name.
- Employees will always ask you to call us back on the Company “800” number if they are requesting sensitive information.
- Employees will always provide their Badge ID number to you if requested. You are able to end the call, and call back on the Company “800” number and verify who the employee is.
- The Company “800” number is listed on the Company’s website at www.pennichuck.com. This allows you to verify that the “800” number you are being asked to dial is in fact the correct number for Pennichuck.
Please be aware that it is Pennichuck’s intention to do everything it possibly can to protect the security of our customers. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions regarding our protocols and security measures.
Please note: Pennichuck’s logo may appear in the following formats: